Northern Capitals & Russia - Small Group, Preview 2022
Northern Capitals & Russia – Small Group, 2022
An all-embracing journey of Scandinavia, the Baltic, Russia, Lithuania and Poland, showcasing Baroque splendour, fine design and historic conflicts and resolutions.
- Helsinki: Wander through the aromatic stalls of a traditional food market with your Local Expert and sample local produce, like liquorice or smoked reindeer.
- Helsinki: Wander through the aromatic stalls of a traditional food market with your Local Expert and sample local produce like liquorice or smoked reindeer.
- Vilnius: Your Travel Director offers you a varied selection of charming restaurants on your Dine-Around Evening, a culinary experience not to be missed.
- Vilnius: Your Travel Director offers you a varied selection of charming restaurants on your Dine-Around Evening – a culinary experience not to be missed.
- Warsaw: The Polish capital is currently enjoying a culinary renaissance – find out what the buzz is all about during your end-of-tour Celebration Dinner with wine at a favourite restaurant.
- Dining Summary: 17 Breakfast (B), 7 Dinner with Wine (DW)
- Moscow: Choose between a visit to one of the ornate metro stations which Stalin called ‘Palaces for the People’, or alternatively, join your Local Expert the to take a stroll through the popular Zaryadye Park end enjoy great views of your surroundings.
Top Rated Highlights
- Scenic Drives: Delight in the beautiful scenery as you travel through the Danish Countryside, along Lake Vättern, the Gulf of Finland and through Augustow and Masuria.
- Berlin: You Local Expert provides a tour of this vibrant city. Drive along the Ku’Damm, passing the Kaiser Wilhelm Memorial Church and through Tiergarten to the Reichstag building. See the Brandenburg Gate, State Opera House and visit Alexanderplatz.
- Rostock: Cross the Baltic Sea from Germany to Denmark.
- Copenhagen: With your Local Expert, view Christiansborg Palace and the cathedral where the Crown Prince of Denmark married Princess Mary. You’ll also see Rosenborg Castle, Amalienborg Palace, the Renaissance Stock Exchange and the unusual Rundertaarn, which is the oldest functioning Observatory in Europe.
- Elsinore: See the Kronborg Castle, referred to as the home of Hamlet.
- Stockholm: With your Local Expert, visit Gamla Stan to see the cathedral where Swedish kings have been coronated and wander the narrow streets of the Old Town.
- Cruise: Admire the beautiful views from your high-class, sea-view cabin as your cruise through the largest archipelago in the world, from Stockholm to Helsinki.
- Petrodvorets: Cruise by hydrofoil to Peter the Great’s Summer Palace, built to rival Versailles.
- St Petersburg: With a Local Expert, explore the stunning former Winter Palace of the Tsars, now the spectacular Hermitage Museum, one of the world’s greatest repositories of European art.
- Sapsan Train: Sapsan in Russian, translates to falcon. Relax in modern luxury and comfort while you swoop by rail from St. Petersburg to Moscow in just four hours.
- Moscow: Explore this fascinating capital with your Local Expert. Visit Red Square to admire the landmark buildings of St. Basil’s Cathedral, the Kremlin and Lenin’s Mausoleum.
- Minsk: Gain an understanding of Minsk’s Soviet past as you are led through the city with your Local Expert. See the wide avenues and gargantuan concrete buildings. Pass Lenin, standing in front of the government headquarters. In Victory Square, see the obelisk honouring the heroes of World War II and the Church of St. Simon and Helena.
- Vilnius: Visit the church of St Peter and St Paul and see the cathedral.
- Trakai Castle: Take in the idyllic lake setting as you cross the wooden footbridge to the red-brick Gothic castle.
- Warsaw: Your Local Expert will show you the city’s highlights. See the Old Town, Palace of Culture and visit the Chopin Memorial in the Lazienki Park before paying your respects at the Ghetto Heroes Memorial.
Included Insight Services
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight’s luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating commentary
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency
- We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available)
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination
- Cruise in high-class cabins with sea views
- One-way Sapsan train journey from St Petersburg to Moscow is included
- Complimentary transfers from Berlin Tegel Airport are available at scheduled times, on arrival day
- Complimentary transfers to Moscow’s Sheremetyevo and Domodedovo airports are available at scheduled times, on departure day
- If your flights are outside these times or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way
Welcome to Berlin
The Spirit of Berlin
Across the Sea to Copenhagen
To Stockholm, City of Islands
Stockholm and Baltic Cruise
The Gardens of Petrodvorets
High Speed Train to Moscow
Moscow, a Russian Revelation
Moscow at Leisure
Minsk, the Supreme Soviet City
Minsk Sightseeing and Vilnius
The Island Castle of Trakai