Splendors of Japan with Hiroshima
Splendours Of Japan With Hiroshima
Embrace the timeless tradition and modern spirit of Japan’s iconic sites, from the neon skyline of Tokyo to the foodie hotspot of Osaka. Relax in the soothing hot springs of Kotohira, spend the night in a traditional ryokan and contemplate world peace in Hiroshima.
- 1 Welcome Reception (WR)
- 12 Breakfast (B)
- 3 Lunch (L)
- 3 Dinner (D)
- 1 Be My Guest (BMG)
- 2 Farewell Dinner (FD)
- 1 Regional Dinner (RD)
Be My Guest
- Kyoto: Enjoy a kaiseki lunch at a traditional Japanese ryokan home near Kyoto where you will learn about local customs.
Dive Into Culture
- Takayama: Sample Japanese sake during a walking tour in the Edo-style streets of Takayama Old Town.
- Hiroshima: Sample the famous Hiroshima style okonomiyaki.
- Tokyo: Visit Tokyo’s renowned landmarks and gain insight into how this modern city preserves its ancient roots.
- Mt Fuji: Start your day by visiting the small rural village of Oshino Hakkai which is home to eight natural spring water ponds. Next on your travels is a 2,300-meter winding road to Mt. Fuji 5th Station. To end your day, you will ride up to Mt. Tenjo by ropeway and bask in the breath-taking views.
- Gokayama: Take some time to admire the peaceful mountain village of Gokayama. Discover their unique homes that have been built without the use of nails and their sloped thatched roofs.
- Kanazawa: Learn about the delicacy of the 16th-century craft gold leaf painting with your Local Specialist.
- Kanazawa: Enjoy a stroll through Omicho market before making your way to the beautiful Gardens of Kenrokuen which have been shaped over the past one hundred years.
- Kyoto: Admire the beautiful golden pavilion of Kinkakuji Temple.
- Kyoto: During a city tour of Kyoto, embark on a journey to the orange gates of the Fushimi Inari Shrine. Admire the sacred site and its beautiful scenery before visiting Sanjeusangen-do-Hall where you can discover the 1,001 “thousand-handed” goddesses of mercy statues.
- Kyoto: Embark on a walking tour of Gion and admire all of its wonderful sights.
- Kyoto: Admire the stunning scenery as you visit the Water Temple and its Buddhist Temple beneath the waters.
- Zentsuji: Spend the morning visiting the birthplace of the high priest Kobo Daishi at the Zentsuji Temple.
- Hiroshima: Admire the islands of the Seto Inland Sea as you make your way across the Shimanami Kaido Expressway.
- Hiroshima: Spend some time admiring the majestic Itsukushima Shrine.
- Osaka: Hop aboard the bullet train to Osaka before visiting the sixteenth century Osaka Castle.
MAKE TRAVEL MATTER®
- Gokayama: Help support a local business with a visit to a washi paper workshop. You’ll watch the family at work, and test your paper-making skills for yourself.
- : Explore Tokyo, Kyoto and Hiroshima
- : Visit the Sensoji Temple, the Skytree Observation Tower, the Edo Tokyo Museum in Tokyo, Mt. Fuji 5th Station, the Kinkakuji Temple, Fushimi Inari Shrine and Sanjusangen-do Hall in Kyoto, the Water Temple on Awaji Island, Zentsuji Temple, the Itsukushima Shrine on Miyajima Island, the Peace Memorial Park and Museum in Hiroshima and Osaka Castle
- : View Mt. Fuji
- : See the traditional Gassho-zukuri houses in Gokayama, the beautiful gardens of Kenrokuen in Kanazawa
- Kyoto: Enjoy genuine Japanese hospitality at a traditional ryokan in the mountain hot springs village of Kotohira.
- : An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- : Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- : All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- : All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- : Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- : Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- : Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- : Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- : Optional Experiences and free time
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Optional Experiences and free time
Explore Vibrant Tokyo
Off to the Five Lakes District
Majestic Mt. Fuji and Timeless Takayama
Experience Gokayama and on to Kanazawa Dive Into Culture Make Travel Matter
Onwards to Kyoto Connect with Locals
Discover Enchanting Kyoto
Cross the Seto Inland Sea to Awaji Island Stays With Stories
Spiritual Kotohira and Onwards to Hiroshima
Set Sail for Miyajima Island Dive Into Culture
High Speed Bullet Train to Osaka